Starting a business? Let us help boost your plans!
Learn from professionals and get on your way to making your business dreams a reality!
Come hear more at our orientation sessions.
During the program, you will:
- Prepare / update your business plan
- Access a business advisor and other valuable resources
- Network with other entrepreneurs
Upon completion, you will:
- Obtain a Business Seminar Series Certificate of Completion from the Toronto Business Development Centre
- Be eligible to apply for a small business loan ranging from $5,000 - $30,000
Program dates and details
- Location: Oakwood Village Library & Arts Centre
- Dates: Mondays, April 18 - June 13
- Time: 6:30 - 9:30 pm
- Location: North York Central Library
- Dates: Tuesdays, April 19 - June 7
- Time: 6:30 - 9:30 pm
- Price: $150+HST per participant
- Value: $700 per participant. This program is generously supported by the Toronto Public Library Foundation.
Your application will be reviewed for:
- Demonstrated intent to start a new business within a six-month period or accelerate the growth of an early-stage business
- A potentially viable business idea
- Opportunity for business growth
- Attendance at the orientation session
|Module 1||Taking the leap to entrepreneurship|
|Module 2||Market research for your business|
|Module 3||Resources for researching your business|
|Module 4||Developing a powerful marketing strategy|
|Module 5||Creating an operating framework for success|
|Module 6||Building blocks for financial management|
|Module 7||Financing for business growth|
|Module 8||Making your pitch|
Leverage expertise from a certified business advisor:
- Access via email for the duration of the program
- Meet for a one-on-one consultation, following Module 5
- Consult to review your business plan, following Module 8
If you are interested in applying, please complete the application by Wednesday, April 6, 2016 and send via fax or email to:
- Email: BusInc@tbdc.com
- Fax: 416-345-9044
- Questions: 416-345-9437
Toronto Business Development Centre (TBDC) provides a wide range of resources and guidance to new and emerging businesses in Toronto.
The Economic Development & Culture Division (EDC) of the City of Toronto offers many resources to help early stage and other businesses succeed.
Toronto Public Library Foundation Funding for Business Inc. is generously provided by the Toronto Public Library Foundation.
Thanks to the late Norman Hinton for his bequest to the Toronto Public Library Foundation in support of small business programs and services at Toronto Public Library.