Prepping for a 5km Run
If you read my last post, you might already be thinking about participating in a run. That's awesome! If you're nervous and you'd like to make it a goal for somewhere down the road - that's cool too!
Most sources say to give yourself about 2 months to train for a 5 km run, especially if it's new to you. Running 3 times a week will get you in shape, but playing sports with your friends at recess or having a really epic game of capture the flag can help get you ready!
Here are some tips for the day of the run:
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and sports drinks.
- Eat a healthy breakfast (think energy-filled foods like eggs, granola, fruit ...)
- Stretch before and after.
- Wear comfy clothes and running shoes. Layering with a light jacket is a good idea if it's a bit chilly outside.
- You're running outdoors so don't forget the sunscreen!
Most importantly, have fun and be proud of what you've accomplished! It's a great feeling crossing that finish line, and it's for a good cause!
What do you think of this Blog? Send in a Comment