Learn Something New About LEGO
I was putting away some LEGO bricks last week and found some pieces that looked a lot like the set I had when I was kid. This got me wondering: how long has LEGO been around?
Here are some new things I learned about LEGO:
- The LEGO company was created in 1932 but back then they were making wooden toys
- Where did the name LEGO come from? It's taken from two Danish words, "leg godt", that means "play well"
- The LEGO brick that we know and use today was designed and created in 1958 - which makes LEGO almost 60 years old!
- It would take 40 billion LEGO bricks stacked on top of one another to connect the earth with the moon.
- If laid end to end, the number of LEGO bricks sold in a year would reach more than 5 times round the world!
What do you think of this Blog? Send in a Comment