Location and Access:
North York Central Library is located at 5120 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario.
There is an accessible entrance off Beecroft Rd. with a drop off zone.
There is paid parking underground with elevator access, including parking spaces for persons with disabilities, off Beecroft Rd.
The library is located above the North York Centre subway stop, though there is no direct elevator access from the subway exit to the library. Please call library 416-395-5630 to discuss options.
The library has barrier-free building access for persons with disabilities including wheelchair accessible desks, elevators and lavatories.
Adaptive technology is available to assist users in accessing collections and services:
- print magnifiers (CCTV and handheld magnifiers),
- a computer workstation with JAWS screen reading software
- a Kurzweil 1000 print reading software with scanner
- computer workstations with ZoomText 10 screen magnification software
- a Braille printer
- a Verilux lamp for users requiring additional illumination
Staff are available to assist people with special needs in accessing our collections and services.
People needing a great deal of physical or reference assistance should contact the Centre ahead of time to make an appointment by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 416-395-5630.