The third annual Human Library program took place on Saturday, October 20 at Toronto Reference Library, North York Central Library and Parkdale Branch.
Participants checked out a "human book" for a one-on-one conversation at the library. This year's human books included war veterans, entrepreneurs, police officers, and journalists.
Our 27 human books were checked out nearly 150 times cumulatively and feedback from borrowers has once again been positive.
Feedback from this year's borrowers
- "My expectations were that I would meet someone that I would not ordinarily cross paths with and have an interesting and engaging conversation and my experience exceeded those expectations!"
- "I would love to see this program happen more than once a year!"
- "Really enjoyed it. The variety is great!"
- "Fabulous! I loved how open (my human book) was about her business and her life."
- "It was a great and memorable experience and I look forward to coming next year!"
Thanks to the Toronto Public Library Foundation for sponsoring this year’s Human Library program.