Skip Navigation
Toronto Public Library Homepage
Store fronts and former Bedford Park Hotel, Yonge and Glenforest Open in full size

Store fronts and former Bedford Park Hotel, Yonge and Glenforest

Picture, 1955,

Store fronts and former Bedford Park Hotel, Yonge and Glenforest

Picture, 1955,

Notes

Lot 7, Con. 1 west. Looking at store fronts (formerly Bedford Park Hotel) on west side of Yonge Street opposite Glenforest Road. The Bedford Park Hotel was built by Charles McBride in 1873 using the timber from John Finch’s hotel that stood at Yonge and Finch. McBride ran the inn until Edward Jackson took over in 1896. In 1910, it became a private residence, and remained so—with the lower levels turned into shop fronts—until it was torn down around 1970. The Inn was the host of York Township meetings for many years, and was the first home of the Fairlawn United Church congregation.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © Toronto Public Library

Medium

Negative

Extent

60 x 60 mm

Branch

North York Central Library

Location

Local History Reference

Call Number / Accession Number

TC 63