William Gamble's Store, Etobicoke (Toronto)
|Medium:||Pen and black ink over traces of moderate greenish blue pencil on wove paper. Laid down on album page.|
|Extent:||151 x 237 mm|
|Notes:||Drawn to make the line photomechanical print (which shows drawing before it was slightly trimmed) in The Evening Telegram, Toronto, 15 July 1893, p. 4, and in Landmarks of Toronto, vol. 2, p. 771. On Dundas St. W., n. side, w. of Humber R., the shop known also as Milton Mills Depot was occupied by J.G. Rogers, 1888-98, and for a time contained the Etobicoke post office.
Inscribed in erased pencil, u.l.: 98; in pen and black ink, u.l.: WILLIAM GAMBLES STORE / ETOBICOKE; l.r.: W.J. THOMSON / 93; album page below drawing: (a) William Gamble's Store on Dundas St. 1896, / at Etobicoke, situated near Humber River, at Lambton. / Still standing 1896. / Vol.II.P.771.
|Rights and Licenses:||Public Domain|