Exceptional collections of rare and notable literature for children, both historical and modern:
- The Osborne Collection of Early Children's Books, which includes:
- The Osborne Collection - Materials up to the end of 1910.
- The Lillian H. Smith Collection - Modern notable English-language children's books from 1911 on.
- The Canadiana Collection - English-language Canadian children's materials.
- The Jean Thomson Collection of Original Book-Related Art - over 5,000 original illustrations for children's books.
- The Marguerite G. Bagshaw Collection (puppetry resources)