Vision, Mission & Values
Toronto Public Library will be recognized as the world's leading library by informing and inspiring Toronto and its communities, making us all more resilient, more knowledgeable, more connected and more successful.
Toronto Public Library provides free and equitable access to services which meet the changing needs of Torontonians. The Library preserves and promotes universal access to a broad range of human knowledge, experience, information and ideas in a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Equity: Accessibility, respect and fairness
- Diversity: Valuing individual needs, experiences and differences
- Intellectual Freedom: Guaranteeing and facilitating the free exchange of information and ideas in a democratic society, protecting intellectual freedom and respecting individuals' rights to privacy and choice
- Innovation: Encouraging creativity, experimentation and the generation of ideas
- Inclusion: Welcoming participation in decision making and service development by residents and communities
- Integrity: Open, transparent and honest in all our dealings
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions and the services we provide
- Service Orientation: Providing excellent, responsive services