Carnegie Library - High Park
Address: 228 Roncesvalles Avenue
Architect: Eden Smith & Sons
Opened: 1916, October 31
High Park Branch was the second of three libraries that the Toronto Public Library built with a $50,000 grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York. Chief Librarian George Locke worked with Eden Smith & Sons "to reproduce some of that Collegiate Grammar School architecture of the time of Edward VIth, and adapted to modern requirements." High Park Branch opened on October 31, 1916. High Park, Wychwood and Beaches libraries were originally identical, but all have been renovated and are no longer the same.
1979 Renovation and addition by Moffat, Moffat & Kinoshita, Architects and Planners; reopened March.
1990 Renovation by Joseph Bogdan, Architect. Closed November 12 - November 9, 1991.
1979 Listed on Inventory of Heritage Properties, adopted by Toronto City Council, June 11.